3 641 EUR/monthBase pay for this position starts from EUR 3641 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By providing customers more of what they want including low prices, vast selection, and convenience, Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as world-class e-commerce platform. The spirit of innovation is part of the company’s DNA.To support Amazon’s growing business, Finance Operations Accounting and Analysis (FOAA) is seeking a Finance Manager who supports accounts receivable and accounts payable for Middle East North Africa (MENA) geographies. This is an exciting opportunity to drive business critical financial statement analytics for all business lines in MENA. By understanding the processes housed in the different general ledger accounts as well as the accounting required to correctly reflect these processes per US GAAP you will drive process improvements and explain account balances and fluctuations to Senior Leadership. You will also represent FOAA in projects relating to MENA geographies, for example new business launches, and offer accounting and process consulting.Key Responsibilities:
· Financial statement analysis of accounts receivable and accounts payable for MENA geos.
· Provide month end close analytical commentary, explaining e.g. General Ledger ending balances and YoY movements.
· Manage and lead internal balance sheet reviews with Senior Leadership.
· Lead international projects to establish correct accounting of new business initiatives and country expansions.
· Manage analysis and testing of accounting transactions for new business or tool launches.
· Collaborate directly with offshore accounting services teams and work on process improvements.
· Act as a liaison between Finance Operations and Central Accounting.
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field.
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
7+ years of relevant experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field.
· Proven familiarity with concepts of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
· 7+ years of relevant experience.
· Strong English language written and oral communication skills with an ability to concisely summarize relevant data and convey results by effectively articulating complex messages.
· Advanced analytical skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
· Advanced Excel user.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics and/or similar discipline with accounting and analytical bias.
· Accounting qualification (e.g. CPA, ACCA).
· Operational accounting and / or auditing experience.
· Good understanding of accounts receivable and accounts payables process flows and how to transfer such processes in an accounting framework.
· Independent and entrepreneurial attitude showing the ability to work with minimal direction.
At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on the Earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and result driven people.Amazon opened a center in Slovakia in 2011 creating over 1000 new jobs till today. The new center is operated by Amazon /Slovakia/ s.r.o. and is located at
Twin City Tower( Mlynské Nivy 10). Currently there are divisions like Vendor Contact Management, Financial Operations, Payroll, Listing Specialists, Catalog, Amazon Media Group, Mass Vendor Recruitment and more. We even have virtual roles with possibility to work from home.All open positions together with a job description and contact details can be found on www.amazon.jobs.
1000 and more employees