We are looking for an agile, motivated and self-driven personality who is ready to join our Claims Operations Team in Bratislava as a Claims Examiner.
Claims Operations is a global function and part of the P&C Business Management Division, which handles the in-force reinsurance business from end to end. In your Claims Examiner role, your responsibilities will be handling reinsurance claims, ensuring business results are met (quality output within the turnaround times defined) through adequate understanding of Reinsurance Claims and Claims Operations management principles and working within a set framework of policies, processes and making recommendations to management for improvement of the same. You will own responsibility for an assigned portfolio of claims and collaborate with stakeholders internally. You bring with you the ability to work in a multifaceted environment by being capable to navigate through periods of change and ambiguity. You will be also encouraged to pro-actively pursue your career advancement by developing current and new areas of competence on own initiative.Main responsibilities:
• Proactively manage claims including indexation of claim within the timelines defined.
• Capture accurate claim information by referring to claim advices after checking contract documents/conditions.
• Handle the portfolio allocated and deliver transactions within TAT/ accuracy metrics. Execute timely follow ups.
• Maintain accuracy and quality parameters as defined by the process.
• Follow up on pending documents in accordance to the defined process using the escalation matrix.
• Understanding reinsurance treaties and technical clauses is essential for your role.
• You will work collaboratively across teams, functions and regions and support the requirements of internal clients
• Authorizing claims for all lines of business within a set authority limit.
• Problem solving/ analysis for own portfolio, to determine underlying trends and following up on the same to deliver closure of issues.
• Ensuring that all correspondence with clients is professional and appropriate by adherence to process guidelines and norms. Taking ownership for the quality of service provided to cedants.
• Maintain relationships with Claims Operations Managers and their teams.
• Perform other position related tasks as taught by Line ManagerAbout the Team
You will join a very experienced and highly motivated team of Claims Examiners that is handling reinsurance claims for the Claims unit in EMEA. Main scope of your intervention will be the French market but as per business need also other markets to generate full benefit of our wider team structure in Operations. Our responsibilities require regular interactions with peers and specialists from other locations. We have a strong link to the other Business Management teams and collaborate daily to deliver the best service and most value to our clients.
*We are required by law to disclose basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised positions. We carefully consider your professional competencies, qualifications and experience in our compensation package and/or when offering you other positions. Our compensation philosophy is to pay fairly, also considering market situation and the value employees may bring to Swiss Re. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. Our aim is to live visible and invisible diversity – diversity of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical abilities, personalities and experiences – at all levels and in all functions and regions. We also collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where to carry out your tasks.We provide feedback to all candidates via email. If you have not heard back from us, please check your spam folder.
Secondary with school-leaving examination
Follow-up/Higher Professional Education
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
• Min 1-3 years of professional experience, preferably in the (re)insurance sector is an advantage.
• Proficient level of English and French, any other European language is a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work in virtual teams and across borders and cultures.
• Ability to work in a team environment but also ability to take ownership and work independently.
• (Re)insurance knowledge is a benefit
• High degree of flexibility and agility in thought and behavior
• Highly motivated to deliver high quality service to the corresponding clients.
• Demonstrate and utilize effective problem-solving skills and proactive critical thinking skills.
• Ability to handle multiple activities, meet deadlines and prioritize workload.
• Strong learning motivation.
• Stress resistant in times of high workload.
• Commercial and self-motivated approach
As the world's leading and most diversified global reinsurer, we offer as our core business financial services products that enable risk taking essential to enterprise and progress. Our company was founded in Zurich, Switzerland in 1863, and operates in more than 25 countries and provides its expertise and services to clients throughout the world. We combine financial strengths with experience, knowledge and creative thought to explore new opportunities in the interests of our clients, staff and shareholders.
1700 and more employees
Kontaktná osoba: Sara Sanna